Patient Care Advocate
Make up to $55,000/year!
About Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics:
Since opening our first office in Dallas, Texas in 1967, Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics has been a trusted oral healthcare provider for thousands of families with 70+ offices throughout Texas and Oklahoma. In 2019, we further solidified our connection to the Dallas-Ft. Worth community by becoming the Official Dentist of the Dallas Mavericks. Go Mavs!
By combining compassionate, skilled providers, the latest technology and a fully integrated approach to oral healthcare, Jefferson Dental & Orthodontics is paving the way for industry evolution focused on patient-first care.
We’re on a fast track to becoming the best dental practice in the industry - our ultimate goal. There’s never been a more exciting time to join Team JDO! If you’re a highly motivated, caring, self-starter who wants to take their career to the next level, let’s talk!
There are four key traits we look for in every single person who joins our team.
1) They are happy and positive.
2) They truly care.
3) They are eager and willing to learn.
4) They are patient-experience-obsessed.
Hiring people with these traits helps us grow and serve our patients by living out our brand purpose: Our Care Changes Peoples’ Lives. JDO employees who exhibit these traits have no limit on their potential - the growth opportunities are endless!
What you’ll do:
If you’re looking for a typical call center job, this isn’t it. Our Patient Care Center (what we call our contact center) is much more than a call center. It is a group of driven, caring individuals with the same goal: take care of our patients. We do this by advocating for every patient who reaches out to us, ensuring that they receive the oral healthcare they deserve to transform their smile and their life. We strongly believe that a healthy mouth leads to a longer, happier life.
A typical Patient Care Advocate (PCA) schedule consists of 5 working days or 40 hours per week in our beautiful, spacious office in Carrollton, TX. Part time positions may be available for the right candidate.
Patient Care Advocate duties include, but are not limited to:
- Advocate for our patients through meaningful interactions across channels, including phone, email, text message, and social media
- Utilize provided scripts and protocols to address patient questions, confirm, schedule and reschedule patient appointments
- Learn and navigate computer programs to look up patient records, book appointments, communicate with patients, etc.
- Communicate patient needs with our dental offices via phone and email, ensuring each patient is taken care of
- Occasional reporting requirements including tracking the number of calls answered or appointments booked
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- Results-Driven: You love being given a specific goal to attain and work hard to achieve the best results.
- Growth-Oriented: You appreciate constructive feedback from your supervisor and love to learn and improve. Your goal is to grow in your career and become a leader.
- Outgoing and Caring: You enjoy talking to people and creating genuine connections.
- A Strong, Confident Communicator: You gain trust and respect through effectively conveying and interpreting communications through varied platforms.
- A Collaborative Team Player who helps build a friendly, supportive work environment.
- Competitive Salary Including Bonus: Our top performers can make up to $55,000 per year or more! No bonus caps.
- Best-in-Class Training: You’ll receive hands-on, detailed training to propel your growth, plus daily coaching to consistently enhance your performance.
- Development & Growth: There are many opportunities for growth within the team and organization. Many of our current leaders started out as PCAs!
- Comprehensive Benefits including Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) and more. We also offer dental and orthodontic discounts.
- Enjoyable Work Environment: We have a new, spacious office with plenty of windows and light. Plus, you’ll be surrounded by a friendly, supportive team who wants you to succeed!
- 1-3 years of customer service, sales, or dental office experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate computer experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Intermediate knowledge of dental treatments and office procedures
- Proven record of success in customer service or sales